View Profile GoodL

161 Movie Reviews

I didn't think the first one could be beat. I thought you had made the single greatest animation that was ever or could ever be made... But no. You did it. You shattered all possible caps on quality to create the masterpiece of masterpieces. No joke here, I think this is one of my favorite videos I've ever seen in my life.

Woooooah that loop is incredible! This is some really impressive work. Always loved your toons but this is really some next level stuff. Awesome job with everything, character animation and lip syncing is all on point, and the character designs are fun. I love this!

That was really damn good. I can definitely appreciate all of the effort that went in to the animation in this piece. The character rotating, the fbf lip syncing, the various angles, it's all done with such a lovely attention to detail, and turned out brilliantly. This was also very easy to keep watching, never felt bored for a minute. The one issue I think could use some improvement is just the audio quality, seems like a better microphone might do you some good. But even then, doesn't detract enough for me to drop this even half a star. Really impressive work, great job!

Mental-Autopsy responds:

Awesome to hear you liked it so much!

6 Game Reviews

This is pretty interesting conceptually. I was having fun watching stuff just get whackier and whackier. My biggest complaint here is just that the game part itself could stand to be a little more entertaining, or engaging. It kind of feels like the fun of this really just comes from the corruption gimmick, but if you could couple the hilarity of the bizarre effects of the "corrupted data" along with some really fun gameplay, I think this here would be a masterpiece.

StoneForged responds:

Thanks for the support but to be fair I do state it’s a bad game in the description.

Lovely lil homage. :)

Really enjoyed this! Fun, short, simple, I beat it on my 3rd try. The first run I didn't really understand what was going on, and I didn't really figure everything out until well into my second run, but by the third go I was getting pretty into it. The most annoying thing to me was that you automatically interact with the machines when you go over them, when I feel like I should have had to press a button to use the machines. Particularly the upgrade machine, I found myself often going up and over the machine just so I didn't have to move the mouse to close the upgrade window.
It felt good to beat it but I didn't feel as though I was particularly rewarded for doing so. An NG medal would have been nice for sure.
Anyway, overall it was a nice game. I liked the art style and enjoyed the time I spent playing. Good work all around!

21 Audio Reviews

This was a really cool episode, Will. The Madness community is something I've never understood, but always been curious about. So it was cool to learn about where it came from and hear from some of the artists involved in pushing that community forward. It was also really interesting to hear you stumble across a NSFW artist to interview, and getting to hear that brain-picking going on organically was really neat.
Also if you really want dirt on me, just look at the old content I posted when I was younger. I, like you, was a kid growing up on the internet. My dirt lies in the absolute garbage I posted as a literal child lol.
Props to all the guests, definitely interesting interview all around, and I'm still really into these Roundtable episodes, so keep it up! Good luck getting to 100 fans, GP. :)

Really dig this format! Awesome discussion going on here. I was super into the discussion on pixel art, especially on the topic of what really counts as pixel art, and I strongly agree with the consensus you all had in that pixel art can be a lot of different things and no one form of pixel art is inherently more valid than any other.

Will, about your problem with finding NSFW artists to interview, have you considered asking them if they would be willing to use a voice changer? Or perhaps you could offer to change their voices in post. Just something to think about.

Great episode!

willKMR responds:

There's an idea... Like witness protection

Real nice track! The instrumentation is all stellar, and I especially loved when the percussion kicked in, made for a really nice moment. I think it was pretty neat how many different instrument sounds you managed to cycle through so pristinely. Good to hear some new music from ya :)

willKMR responds:

Thanks man!

22 Art Reviews

I thought this was really cool when you posted just the background, but the animation definitely kicks it up a few notches! Also I second Aseprite. I've used it a fair bit for pixel art and animation, and it's definitely much better equipped for doing stuff like this. Reasonably affordable too!

Kilcra responds:

Thank you! Yeah, I'll definitely look into that program for the next time I try something like this.

Lovely, as always! I'm consistently impressed by what you do with perspective. Keep it up!

VaguelyWonderful responds:

Thank so much! I'm so happy you enjoy my surreal Gifs :)

Really gorgeous, absolutely beautiful work. I love all of the intricacy in the line work, and the colors are perfect, not too bright and saturated, which really makes this a nice piece. Great job!

Co-host of A Couple of Crickets Podcast, and Even More Sound Podcast; creator of FlowDownStream; animator; """musician"""; university dropout

Gage Goodell @GoodL