View Profile GoodL

168 Movie Reviews

Guess it's free AM I RITE BOIS

I love this and I love you.

VIOLANCE in LIPHEAS?! pls change it rating to m because even tho i am thirten and that is a teenager i my mom says if she catches me watching VIOLANCE on this website again shes gonna call the cyberpolice and get it shut down :'(

15 Game Reviews

No Pink Knight? 0/10

Jokes aside, I love this and I think the fact that you can see everyone else is truly lovely. Happy Tanksmas everyone.

EDIT: Got my pink knight, this is a good ADVENTure now.

BrandyBuizel responds:

**** off GoodL, I'll put the damn boobie knight in tomorrow(i honestly can't believe i forgot)

Toss games piss me off. They're just way too addictive and I don't know how I'm supposed to live a life when these damn games exist. Regardless, this is great and I could absolutely waste hours on it. As a small suggestion, I think there should be some kind of indication for how high up your fish is. I get that the background more or less serves this purpose but I still think it would be helpful for timing things like when you might use your gliders and such. Really nice game, lovely art, and the sound effects do it justice. Thanks for providing tutorials to help make this jam possible, I know that you helped me a ton and I'm sure you helped others too. I don't think I would have even tried to participate if it hadn't been for that.

PsychoGoldfish responds:

I suppose you're lucky that this was a jam game then. If I got everything I wanted in there you'd never be able to beat everything in a single day.

Definitely do plan on adding an altitude meter, and a bunch of altitude based goals to go along with it.

Really glad someone actually got some benefit out of my tutorials. I know there were some hurdles I hit starting out with Phaser, and glad I could help anyone else get over those.

Mostly, I 'm really just happy to see people doing more HTML5 games. We need to get the ol' games portal thriving again!

frick this game has one HECK of a celebrity line-up.

ninjamuffin99 responds:

whole crew in here

38 Audio Reviews

This is excellent! Love the way all of the artists are showcased throughout, really neat conceptually and super fun to watch the timestamps while listening along to cheer each and every person on as they absolutely slay this track. Really well done all around! Nice job, y'all

I like that this is a really low-key deconstructed dubstep type of thing. Humorous use of the grubhub samples is good too. I'm not sure I'm totally on board with the mixing here though, for one thing I feel like the bass is really lacking in terms of harmonics. It's all SUPER low end, which makes it a bit weird to listen to with headphones, and I'm sure would be virtually inaudible through a cheap speaker (and ideally you want to be mixing so that it sounds good no matter what it's played on). I'd say start by give those bass synths some push in the mid ranges and maybe add some more instrumentation in the high end. Yeah, that's my take - good composition but the mixing needs work.

aakase responds:

It took a good while for me to get the bass to where you can hear it decently because I didn't want it to sound like an obnoxious wobbling buzzing sound and I didn't want it to sound too low like you said. Along with that im making this stuff on a low end laptop.

I'm movin. I'm groovin. I'm FEELIN it!

38 Art Reviews

Great tribute art to your favorite rapper's favorite rapper. RIP.

This is beautiful. You really nailed it with the color choices and the shading! The vignette sort of thing with the lightening the edges and the dots gives a real sense of perspective to this, nice touch.

smug tom smug tom

I wake up
I fall out of bed
I grab a brush and put a little make-up
I drag a comb across my head

Gage Goodell @GoodL