View Profile GoodL

All 26 Audio Reviews

11 w/ Responses

This one is my fave of the pack. Really nice little collection!

Great episode, awesome to hear some of PsychoGoldfish's thoughts on the recent controversial newspost and the future of NG.
I especially enjoyed the discussion about the "game-ification" of Newgrounds because that's basically how I've always thought about it. My level and rank are really important to me and are a huge part of what makes NG so fun for me.
Love all the thoughts about the future of the site as well. I'm a bit confused about the need for an arcade side site because in my mind NG is already like that, especially for games that use the API, but I'm sure I'd have fun with that all the same.
Great work Will, keep it up!

Awesome track! I love this. The orchestral instruments and lovely arrangements over those dancey synths is really something to behold. You did a great job here! :)

Thomaisho responds:

Thank you! ^^ Iā€™m glad that you enjoyed it.

This is pretty sweet, I was pleasantly surprised when that vocal track came in. Again, I wish this was a little longer, but I definitely enjoyed it as is and I can appreciate shorter tracks when they're befitting the context (haven't listened to the album yet, so I'm gonna have to give it a shot and reevaluate from there). This is a stylistic thing for sure, but I find myself wanting that backing guitar to be more effect-washed. Still, this is some really nice work, and I'll totally check out this album when I get a chance. :)

Awww hell yeah! I love finding stuff like this on NG. I'll definitely be giving your next album a spin, especially if you think you'll be doing some more mathy midwest stuff like this! This is exactly the kind of music I like to listen to while I'm doing work, so this is totally up my alley. It's gonna have to be longer, of course, but I think you realize already that this style definitely lends itself better to more long-form tracks. Make this guy 7 minutes and I think you've got a masterpiece on your hands. Keep up the good work!

Towny responds:

Isn't that funny how that works with the genre? Math rock denies any convention of predictable songwriting, and also demands the long form. I guess that's what makes it so rare, it's definitely the hardest genre I've ever had to tackle, but it's so worth it.

Anyway, thanks for listening man glad you liked it!

Love it, this is a super chill little jam. Really love the percussion you got going on here and the guitar carried this beautifully. Nice work!

Hell yes! I loved this. That kick was amazing. I was grooving hard, I would mosh to this 100%.
nazi punks fuck off acab

etK responds:

Thanks a lot !! I'm really glad you like it ! :D
ACAB

Pretty sweet! The arp synths and the percussion are what really make this for me, love the trance-y element going on with that. I do wish the synth pads would vary a little bit more. They felt cool at the beginning but by the end of the track I was ready to hear something new. Really nice piece of ambient work here! Nice job :)

Kirefyx responds:

Thanks for the review ^_^

Nice composition, excellent mixing, good chippy vibes. I rate it 5/5 carrots.

Fave track on the album, really killed it with this one

Co-host of A Couple of Crickets Podcast, and Even More Sound Podcast; creator of FlowDownStream; animator; """musician"""; university dropout

Gage Goodell @GoodL